Creative Rock Soloing
taught by Larry Mitchell
Hello Good People – David Taub here from Next Level Guitar and I want to tell you about our special DVD release titled "CREATIVE ROCK SOLOING".
Two hours of video lessons featuring the teachings of Grammy award winning guitarist and producer Larry Mitchell. Throughout the course Larry teaches you some of his favorite licks, devices, techniques, soloing strategies and more! You will also learn all about Larry’s gear and tone as he discusses guitars, pickups, effects, amps, and some of his favorite sounds and effects! Learn all kinds of techniques and devices that will get you playing guitar in new inventive ways.
Learn pivot licks, open string licks and runs, chromatic ideas, hybrid picking techniques, playing across the neck, double stop licks, arpeggio and arpeggio techniques, learn how to build a solo, and how to connect licks across the fretboard. Stop playing the same old things and start getting creative with your soloing and take it to a whole new level! For upper level beginners, intermediate, and advanced players.
Unleash Your "Inner Guitar God" by Learning Creative Soloing Secrets From Internationally Known Performer Larry Mitchell ...
Stop playing the same old things and start getting creative with your soloing and take it to a whole new level!
Discover all the tasty licks ... killer devices ... essential techniques ... and crucial soloing strategies that can be applied to just about ANY genre you want, including blues, rock, funk, and more!
We are so excited here at Next Level Guitar to bring the wonderful teachings of Larry Mitchell to you in HD video lessons. Larry is a guitar playing legend and just an all around great guy. He is a Grammy award-winning producer, engineer, and performer who has toured the world playing guitar.
Throughout this two-hour DVD Larry teaches you some of his favorite licks, devices, techniques, and soloing strategies and much, much more! You can then take all this information and put your own spin on it and use it to help develop your own style.
You will also learn all about Larry’s gear and tone as he discusses his guitars, pickups, effects, amp, and some of his favorite sounds and effects!
Bottom line: You will learn all kinds of techniques and devices that will get you playing guitar in new inventive ways.
You'll never look at guitar soloing in the same way again! This DVD will place you firmly on new soloing avenues and help you get to that next level quickly.
You'll learn killer licks, techniques, and devices, such as:
- Pivot point licks
- Open string licks and runs
- Fun chromatic ideas and licks
- Cool hammer-on and pull-off licks
- Country sounding double stop licks
- Hybrid picking techniques and licks
- Play scales horizontally across the neck
- Connecting lick ideas across the fretboard
- Adding the blue note to licks and phrases
- Double stop licks and runs up and down the neck
- Lick ideas that you can move around the fretboard
- Learn some of Larry’s favorite bluesy licks and devices
- Minor and Major Pentatonic, Major and Relative Minor licks
DVD menus and lesson breakdown:
Video lesson menus and content:
- Jamming & Licks – in these lessons Larry shares some of his favorite soloing and improvising secrets and techniques. Learn killer minor pentatonic, major, and relative minor licks, hybrid picking techniques and licks, pivot point licks, country sounding doublestop licks, target note soloing using slides, cool hammer-on and pull-off licks, adding the wah pedal to licks, and fun practice exercises. You will also learn some of Larry’s favorite bluesy licks and devices. Learn lick ideas that you can move around the fretboard, chromatic ideas, connecting ideas across the fretboard, adding the blue note to licks and phrases, open string licks and runs, doublestop licks and runs up and down the neck, phrasing and scale options and much more!
- Arpeggios & Warm-Up – in these lessons Larry teaches devices and techniques when jamming over a progression. Learn arpeggio warm up exercises, how to add arpeggios to minor pentatonic, and how to add in the blue note for color and tension. You will also learn a fun warm up exercises using all the harmonized arpeggios in a given key, how to connect the arpeggios down the neck, connecting arpeggios to scales and phrasing them together and how to use these arpegios in practical playing scenarios.
- Building Solos & Gear – in these lessons Larry discusses building solos. He teaches how he comes up with ideas and concepts to build solos. Larry then demonstates a solo and breaks down each part and teaches the techniques and concepts behind the parts. Learn about establishing melody, concepts of starting simple and low, the importance leaving space, tap harmonics, dynamics and urgency, the power of repitition, and many more soloing tips and devices. Larry also makes it a little funky and teaches some funky chords and rhythms, octave/fuzz effect, and reverse delays. Larry also goes over his gear, effects, guitar, amp, and sounds in the gear section of the lessons.
- Political Rain Soloing – in these lessons Larry goes over his soloing concepts and devices used in his song “Political Rain”. Larry plays the complete solo and breaks the solo down section by section. He and demonstates the licks, concepts, and ideas on how he built the solo. Learn devices, tricks, melody building, arpeggios, use of delay effects, and all about building solos in these killer lessons.
- Major Melody – in these lessons Larry teaches how to play scales horizontally across the neck by combining shapes. You will also learn how to change directions along the way as well as killer fretboard navigation. You will also learn different ways to practice these techniques, and many other licks moving aroun the neck. Then Larry teaches melody building with doublestops, moving doublestops arund on the neck, doublestops with bends and hammer-ons, sliding doublestops around the neck and more.
- Learn killer arpeggios and arpeggio techniques and devices:
- Learn arpeggio warm up exercises
- Learn how to add arpeggios to minor pentatonic scales
- Learn to harmonize arpeggios in a given key
- Learn how to connect the arpeggios down the neck
- Learn how to connect arpeggios to scales
- Learn how to use these arpegios in practical playing scenarios.
- Learn all about how to build a solo:
- Learn how to add melody within your soloing
- Learn the various components in building a solo
- Learn soloing concepts and the power of repitition
- Learn about soloing dynamics and the concept of space
- Learn every aspect of one of Larry’s all-time favorite solos
- About Larry Mitchell
Larry Mitchell is a Grammy award-winning producer, engineer and performer who has toured the world playing guitar with well-known artists including Tracy Chapman, Billy Squier, Ric Ocasek and Miguel Bosé.
In his original compositions, Larry skillfully weaves guitar textures that showcase his virtuosity as a solo artist and ensemble player. As an artist, he has released six solo records and won a San Diego Music Award for best pop jazz artist and in 1986 and 1987 he won the New York City Limelight Guitar solo contest.
As a producer-engineer, Larry has won 26 New Mexico Music Awards in various categories from pop, adult contemporary, rap, rock, country and Native American. He won a Grammy Award for producing, engineering and performing on "Totemic Flute Chants".
Larry is currently touring with his own trio as well as with Native artists Shelley Morningsong, Dawn Avery, Joy Harjo and Robert Mirabal. He has many long-standing endorsements and relationships with companies such as Ibanez Guitars, D'Adarrio Strings, D'Marzio Pickups and Fractal Audio.
Larry’s influences include Eric Johnson, the Edge, Jeff Thall, Steve Stevens, Nile Rogers, Prince, Neal Schon, Steve Via, Andy Timmons, Andy Summers, Prince, Kings X, Dan Reed Network, Tony James, Jeff Coplan, producers Nile Rogers, Daniel Lanois, Jeff Coplan, Trevor Horn, and John Kurzweg
Here's my Totally Risk-Free,
Let me make this easy for you.
I am going to give you a full 12 Month No Questions asked return policy on any of my DVD's. Put them to practice and watch yourself playing guitar and having fun in the shortest amount of time possible.
Get started rocking out today, I cannot wait to hear about your progress
You do not risk anything by ordering now.
Next Level Guitar - The Web’s No. 1 Guitar Education Resource
Who is David Taub?
I teach thousands of students all over the world through my DVD products and my instructional website at www.nextlevelguitar.com I am certain I can get your playing to the next level in the fastest and most efficient manner. I am the number one most subscribed guitar teacher guru in ALL of YouTube.
My YouTube Guitar Lesson Videos have over 102 million views worldwide and growing!
My methods work, they get results. Give them a try and I know they will exceed your expectations. Feel free to drop me line if you have any questions.
As always I wish you the best in your guitar journey and in all your musical endeavors,
Take care and rock on!
ROCK ON, Good People!
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 Next Level Guitar Inc